Wednesday 13 August 2014

CSSI Day 17: Project Progress and Mock Interviews

Once again, today started off quite well with a lot of debugging and working out problems with our user interface. Additionally, we were able to get started on the design aspect of our application! This was fun because I really enjoy graphic design as a hobby and all three of us in my team got excited to make our web pages look fantastic with CSS and Javascript. However, we still have a few major problems that we need to solve before continuing with our coding, and we are all racking our brains and the Internet in search of answers.

After lunch, we had mock technical interviews with actual Google interviewers! I enjoyed the session very much, because we got to experience the atmosphere and content of real Google interviews; it was great to hear a lot of feedback and tips from our interviewer, who was very kind and answered a lot of questions. In the end, through having an afternoon of mock interviews I feel better prepared for problem-solving and working with code during future interviews. 

The updates are fairly short this week as we slave away at our final project, but I hope that by presentation time we'll have a working demo to share. As we head into tomorrow, I feel very focused and I know that my team will be banding together well; we are all hoping for the best and I know we'll be doing our best to make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment