Sunday 27 July 2014

CSSI Day 1: Hello Seattle!


Today was a crazy blur of a day, from flying into Seattle to settling into the dorms where we'll be staying. It started off with me driving myself to the airport (great driving practice!).

At the airport, about to take off!

Thankfully, my flight wasn't too long and I was at SeaTac airport before I knew it. Luckily, my bag was one of the first to come off the carousel, as my flight was a little late. However, I was actually the second person to arrive at the meeting location; Cyril and I waited for Olivia and Samantha to come before setting off for our residence. During the ride, we all talked about how it felt to finally be in Seattle!

The beautiful view from my room.
Welcome info packet
and room keys! 

After checking in and settling into our dorms, it was basically time for dinner. While we had dinner, we had a short orientation and everyone introduced themselves. Then, we had free time for the rest of the evening; I hung out with Christine, Veronica, and Ali, along with our lovely RA Catalina. We talked for quite a few hours, until everyone started getting tired. Luckily, I only have 1-hour jet lag, which really isn't jet lag at all, but for some, 3-hour jet lags were beginning to take their toll. Tomorrow starts very early, so I'm hoping to get a decent night's sleep. But tomorrow we're off to the Google Kirkland office for our first official day! We all can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment